How to buy
Hambrook’s offers several ways to participate in its auctions. If you cannot attend the live auction you may bid via telephone or absentee bid. Before bidding you must be a registered bidder. If you are not already a registered buyer you may click here to do so or register at the auction.
Prospective purchasers are encouraged to inspect property prior to the sale. The preview is your chance to examine, handle, and ask questions about items that interest you. Please attend the preview before the auction begins as it is difficult to inspect the lots once the auction starts. An auction catalog may be purchased on Saturday or previewed on the website once available.
To bid at the auction, you need a bidder number. To receive a bidder number fill out a registration form at the desk or click here online. You will be asked for a proper form of identification and must agree to the auction terms and conditions. The number given to you will be a permanent bidder number to use in all future auctions at Hambrook’s. This number is required for all auctions.
- In Person - Hambrook’s pace is typically 100 lots per hour. The auctioneer will ask for an opening bid and will proceed in standard increments. When your lot comes up, be prepared to show your bidder number. Once you have completed bidding on all items of interest, you are able to pay and pick up items.
- Absentee - Absentee forms are written bids submitted prior to the lot of interest coming up for auction. The minimum bid for an absentee item is $50.00. You are responsible for finding out if you are the successful bidder on the item by calling the office after the auction is over or asking at the desk.
- Telephone - Bidding may be conducted via telephone on the day of the auction. You will need to inform the office desk of the lot number, your bidder number and the phone number to call. Phone bids are only accepted prior to start of auction.
Payment / Pickup
- Auction purchases may be paid for and picked up on Saturday until 4:00pm or on Monday and Tuesday from 10:00am to 4:00pm.
- Bidders should keep in mind a 20% buyer’s premium will be added to the hammer price and California sales tax (8.75%), if applicable will be added to the total sales price.
- No merchandise may leave premises until invoice is Paid In Full.
- Items not paid for or picked up by Tuesday will incur a storage fee of $5.00 per day, per lot, unless prior arrangement is made with Management.
- Bidders are responsible for calling to find out if they are successful in any bids. Ph: (831) 373-2101
- Acceptable payments include cash, check and all major credit cards.
Buyers are responsible for providing sufficient packing material (boxes/paper) and help for removal of merchandise. Due to our insurance policy staff is unable to load items into your vehicle.
How to sell
Hambrook's Auction Center is a full service auction facility specializing in the sale of fine collections and estates. You will find that Hambrook's enjoys an unparalleled reputation for honesty, dependability and service. Individual consignments and estates are always welcome. Please call us at (831) 373-2101 for further information.